Along Highway 20, just 15 minutes north of the sugary white sand beaches of the Florida Panhandle and scenic Highway 30A, lies the community of Hammock Bay.
Hammock Bay is a 3,000-acre, master-planned residential community nestled in the quiet surroundings of Freeport, Florida. This bay-front, lifestyle community offers exceptional amenities with affordable pricing, while promoting the lost charm of a quaint community lifestyle.
The homes of Hammock Bay exude southern charm with unique attributes such as front and rear columned and covered porches, salvaged brick accents, large pane windows and brick-arched garage doorways. The residents will enjoy top-notch builder features and optional upgrades including a main floor master, 10 foot ceilings and 8 foot doorways, hardwood floors, recessed lighting, chiseled-edge Travertine floors, custom shower tiles, crown moulding, prewiring for sound and security, stainless steel appliances, granite counters and screened rear porches.
Hammock Bay is a pedestrian-friendly development with the network of sidewalks, nature trails, and bike paths will most certainly lead you to a place of interest:
- The Hammock Bay Town Square – a lawn-style amphitheater for entertainment
- Boutique, commercial space, for onsite conveniences
- A $12+ million, 60-acre sports park featuring a multitude of ball fields and amenities
- The Lake Club with 25 meter lap and resort-style pools
- Lighted tennis courts
- A putting green
- A massive $250,000 playground
- Lighted basketball courts
- A meeting and functions facility
- Caterer’s kitchen
- 6000 square foor clubhouse with movie theater
- The Fitness Club featuring Body Master weight equipment and Life Fitness cardiovascular equipment and flat screen TV’s
- The Bay Pavilion located on 480 ft. of pristine shoreline alongside the Choctawhatchee Bay
- The Canine Commons, a pet-friendly park, offering an opportunity to enjoy a protected outdoor environment with your furry friends, which provides an outdoor dog washing station and drinking bubblers
Additionally, Hammock Bay is currently one of 600+ communities in the United States that features the most advanced fiber optics technology direct to your home. The Embarq’s FTTP (Fiber To The Premise) program provides capacity for the latest advances in phone, internet and cable technology!
Freeport is the conduit between North and South Walton County. It is within an hour of the Northwest Florida Regional Airport the Destin Municipal Airport and the DeFuniak Springs Municipal Airport. Freeport is a half-hour drive from the Destin, Sandestin and South Walton beaches and golf courses.